Other Ways To Attend
With many paths available for graduate study, we encourage you to review alternative options and partnerships that UCR has formed with foreign institutions.
Xiamen - UCR Fellowship Program Intro
China Scholarship Council Fellowships
Each year the China Scholarship Council (CSC) offers fellowships to Chinese students who wish to study a degree program outside China. The University of California, Riverside (UCR) welcomes CSC scholars to study in PhD programs across a range of approved subject areas. Find out more about CSC scholarships on the China Scholarship Council website.
Xiamen University - University of California, Riverside PhD Fellowships
We have a partnership with Xiamen University to offer several fully-funded PhD fellowships each year to students who are completing their Bachelor studies at Xiamen University. Nominated candidates must also successfully apply for a scholarship for living costs from the CSC.
For further details about this fellowship program please refer to the Xiamen-UCR PhD Fellowship Program guidelines.
Xiamen - UCR Eligible PhD Programs
If you are interested in applying, please check the graduate programs eligible to participate below and contact the program directly to find out about fellowship opportunities in your field of study.
Bourns College of Engineering
Computer Science; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering.
- College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
Applied Statistics; Environmental Science; Environmental Toxicology; Geological Sciences; Physics.
Graduate School of Education
A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management
Xiamen - UCR Application Information
See the CSC 2018 guide for scholarships for Chinese citizens to study abroad.
To be considered for a scholarship, you need to:
- Check the CSC's eligibility requirements for maintenance scholarships. You should:
The application deadlines will be determined by each graduate program. The selection process usually takes place in January-March so please allow plenty of time for your PhD application to be reviewed as this may take several weeks.
- Identify a research area and/or potential academic advisor for your research topic if the graduate program you are interested requires one.
- Apply for an eligible PhD program using our online application system. Please state in your application that you wish to apply for China Scholarship Council funding.
- Please select Xiamen-UCR Fellowship in Special Programs in the General Information section of the online application.
- We expect to review the applications and select the final candidates by the end of March.
- Nominated candidates apply for CSC funding in March/April.
- The CSC will select candidates and announce the results in May.