The 2023 application is open. Visit our Deadlines page if you are interested in applying for Winter and Spring 2023.
If you are not familiar with when each quarter begins at UCR, please see the quarters available. As some programs are Fall only, we encourage you to visit our Graduate Program page. Select the program name to see the application closure deadlines. Updating your term is not an option after submission.
- Summer - begins mid-June.
- Fall - begins late September.
- Winter - begins early January
- Spring - begins late March/early April.
New Applicants and Reapplicants
If you are applying for the first time or reapplying due to not being admitted, admitted but unable to attend, or admitted and unable to complete your entire first quarter, you will need to complete our standard application.
* Applications received after January 5th will be considered for financial support based on funding availability and if the degree objective selected is eligible for fellowship funding. Please consult with that graduate program prior to applying.
Returning and Continuing Students
If you have ever registered and completed one full quarter of attendance at UCR (whether you completed a graduate program or not) the below deadlines will apply to you. If you are not certain if you meeting the requirements of a returning or continuing student, please visit our Returning & Continuing Student page.